From Business Insider
Here are some of the more choice ones in my opinion:
- A staggering 48 percent of all Americans are either considered to be “low income” or are living in poverty.
- According to author Paul Osterman, about 20 percent of all U.S. adults are currently working jobs that pay poverty-level wages.
- If you can believe it, the median price of a home in Detroit is now just $6000
- One study found that approximately 41 percent of all working age Americans either have medical bill problems or are currently paying off medical debt
- The six heirs of Wal-Mart founder Sam Walton have a net worth that is roughly equal to the bottom 30 percent of all Americans combined
How are tax breaks for the wealthy, the Keystone XL pipeline, gutting environmental regulations, etc, going to help with all this?!? You can believe if you feed a pony a penny it will shit a dime, but that don’t make it so.