Hope you are all having a great Sunday! Here ya go …..
- An excellent article over at Naked Capitalism that looks that the evolution and state of capitalism in the western world, using a series of articles on the financial crisis from the Financial Times as a jumping off point.
- The GOP’s Crackpot Agenda from December’s Rolling Stone if you haven’t read it. Sums things up pretty well – Promote Dirty Jobs; Trash the Environment; Unleash Wall Street; Destroy the Safety Net; Wreck the Economy; Wage Endless War; Cut Taxes on the Rich; Attack Abortion Rights; and Bash Immigrants.
- Watch Elizabeth Warren’s Amazing 30 Second Destruction Of Mitt Romney I love this woman – bright, succinct and to the point on things. I so hope she wins in November, she would be a sorely needed addition with the retirement of the likes of Barney Frank.
- Chart Book: The Legacy of the Great Recession from the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities. A nice compilation of well presented data on the economy in the current recession compared with previous ones. In particular I found this chart quite disturbing and It’s comparable to the same info from other industrialized nations. It is going to be a long hard slog out of this folks.
- Just throwing this in because Ross Douthat is such a dipshit Government and Its Rivals
- Eugene Robinson – Greed is good? The GOP seems to be okay with that.
“The issue I think that’s going to play out this election is that question of Warren Buffett’s secretary,” House Majority Leader Eric Cantor, R-Va., said Wednesday on CNN. “We want her to make more money, we want her to have more hope for the future. . . . [But] this notion that somehow the income that Warren Buffett makes is the same as a wage income for his secretary, we know that’s not the same.”
In other words, it’s not just that the rich are better than the rest of us but also that their money is better than our money.
GHAAAA! How is it everytime Cantor speaks, it is something asinine?